On this course you will learn music production techniques alongside business and marketing principles. You will develop your creative business ideas through planning and practice, helping you become a confident producer and business owner. You will also cover the mechanics of the music industry and the business strategies needed to make a career from your passion for music.
During your time with us, you will:
- Write and arrange tracks to develop your musical understanding
- Capture and process sound using advanced production techniques
- Learn advanced studio recording techniques with a developed understanding of acoustics
- Sequence and synthesize sounds and beats using different digital technologies
- Produce and apply business strategies and marketing plans for the music you produce
- Gain an understanding of relevant legal frameworks such as contracts and copyright
Alongside the practical element of this degree, you will advance your theoretical understanding of music production and business creation. Through lectures you will contribute to current debates around production. This could involve examining modern distribution platforms, the evolution of digital technology and more.
We give you opportunities to visit studios across the country and work on production projects with artists performing live in the studios. We also hold regular Industry Days throughout the year. These are a chance to meet and talk to successful entrepreneurs, music managers and business people from across the music industry.