This course gives you the knowledge and practical skills needed for a career in graphic design. When you join us you will start by learning ways to generate concepts and ideas. You will evolve your skills in artistic layout, drawing and visual communication. Projects throughout the degree allow you to focus on your practical abilities. These projects increase in complexity as you progress and involve working with private clients. As you work on them you will learn about:
- Image making
- Motion graphics
- User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design
- Print production
- 3D type and lettering
Alongside this practical exploration, we will also introduce you to the histories and theories of graphic design. This will allow you to identify what interests you most, so you can conduct your own research in these areas.
When you choose to study with us, you get more than the skills you need to succeed. You gain experiences that make you stand out. We give you opportunities to:
- Work with private clients and graphic design companies on live briefs
- Enter design competitions to showcase your work internationally
- Complete work placements in industry and learn from visiting professionals
- Visit international cities to experience contemporary design around the world and find new inspiration
- Exhibit your work at our annual degree show, the perfect way to build a professional network
Our team of expert designers and technical specialists will really get to know you by supporting your personal practice and ambitions.