This course is your chance to immerse yourself in games design and learn the skills needed to stand out in this competitive industry. When you join us, you will work with other design students in different activities. These will help you develop your skills in drawing, modelling and rigging. You will complete practical projects throughout your degree. These will increase in complexity as you progress. As you work on these, you will gain experience of:
- Working with real time engines
- Animating characters
- Writing game stories and narratives
- Developing interactive user experiences
- Considering the limitations of platforms
- Working with Grey box preproduction
- Finalising a bug free, distributable build.
Alongside your practical work you will study the theory and history of games design. You will debate some of the controversies that exist in the field. This will help you to identify the areas which interest you the most. You can develop this research in your final year research project.
Our team of designers and technical specialists are here to support you. Your tutors will really get to know you, your practice and your ambitions.
You will also gain experiences that make you stand out. We give you opportunities to:
- Work with students from other courses to enrich your learning, such as Animation or Games Development
- Complete work placements in industry and learn from visiting professionals
- Visit international cities to find new inspiration
- Exhibit your work at our annual degree show, the perfect way to build a professional network