This degree will give you a broad understanding of how businesses affect the world around us, and how we can strive for more sustainable business practice. In your Economics modules you will investigate:
- The relationships between the economy and politics, crime and business
- Econometrics modelling
- The distribution and allocation of scarce resources
- Factors affecting income, wealth and wellbeing in an economy
- Environmental economics
- How economic metrics can be used to measure and enhance happiness in society
Meanwhile in Geography you will cover urban, social and cultural aspects of the subject, learning about:
- Mapping, fieldwork and using Geographical Information Systems
- The geography of Yorkshire
We make sure your learning is always kept practical and relevant through live projects and experiments. You will also have opportunities to enter economics competitions both within the university and on a national or international scale. We have close links with businesses across the region, and you will regularly hear from high profile guest speakers. These connections also provide opportunities for networking, internships and work experience placements.
While you study with us, we will fund your membership of the Royal Economic Society. This will enhance your professional profile in the industry. It also opens up extra opportunities for training and development, such as competitions, grants and conferences.
If you do not yet meet the minimum requirements for entry straight onto this degree course, or feel you are not quite ready for the transition to Higher Education, this is a great option for you. Passing a foundation year guarantees you a place on this degree course the following academic year.